1. Delbert Belton, a World War II veteran from Spokane, Wash., died Thursday morning.
Delbert Belton: Assaulted by two men at Eagles Ice Arena Wednesday. He died this morning. @KHQLocalNews
2. According to witnesses, Belton was walking in the parking lot of a local Eagles Lodge when two male suspects attacked him.
Suspect # 2 @SpokanePD believe this is one of the men who assaulted Delbert Belton @KHQLocalNews
3. Belton, who went by Shorty, fought in the Pacific Theater of World War II, surviving being wounded in action during the Battle of Okinawa.
Here’s Belton working on a car. Friends & family say he was a “great guy” @KHQLocalNews
4. According to Belton’s friends in the community he was a nice old man who spent his days fixing cars and his evenings playing pool.
This is for you Mr. Delbert Belton Ã°Å¸â€¡ÂºÃ°Å¸â€¡Â¸ “And I stand up next to you & defend her still today”#DelbertBelton
Casey Lund KXLY
Flag @ the eagles lodges at half mast after WWII vet Delbert Belton was beaten to death on Wednesday night #kxly
6. The two suspects responsible for the attack are still at large.
BREAKING: Photos released of suspects allegedley involved in death of 88yr old Delbert Belton. @KHQLocalNews
7. Belton’s beating shocked both his local community…
Memorial set up at Fraternal Order of Eagles for deadly assault elderly victim #Delbert #Belton@krem2
Memorial growing outside Eagles Lounge for Delbert “Shorty” Belton. @KHQLocalNews WWII Vet
9. …and the Internet at large, with some users drawing connections between Belton’s attackers and Trayvon Martin.
Trayvon Martin was likelier to have been one of those kids who killed Delbert Belton than to have been an innocent victim like him./ Via
Delbert Belton is murdered by 2 black kids and it’s not race related, but Trayvon’s death is instantly race related #dumb @TaterSWAGreturn/ Via
If you were worked up about what happened to Trayvon, but don’t care about Chris Lane or Delbert Belton, you are definitely a racist./ Via
I can’t wait to hear all the trayvon martin apologists spin on this Delbert Belton murder/ Via
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race in the US, and his unreleased taxes during the first debate 📢
- The Colombia government and Farc rebels have signed a historic peace deal, ending 52 years of armed conflict.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌