7. In response to criticism on Facebook, the group wrote that their Monument To Nothing is about separation of church and state.
Our preference is always complete separate of religion and government. We want the Ten Commandments monument off public land. However, in this specific case, we have agreed to settle. We are excited about installing our monument but your point is well-taken. We hope that in the future, courthouses and other public spaces will think twice before installing religious monuments!
8. The Florida League of the South Chairman Michael Tubbs told AP that the monument was “a stick in the eye to the Christian people of Florida.”
9. The Monument To Nothing and The Ten Commandments will now sit side-by-side in front of the courthouse.
Two presidents! #StarkeContrast
- Donald Trump will soon be the last Republican standing. Ohio Gov. John Kasich will reportedly end his presidential run 🇺🇸
- Prime Minister David Cameron has bowed to pressure for the UK to accept more unaccompanied child refugees.
- And Google is feeding romance novels to its artificial intelligence engine to make its products more ~conversational~.