7. In response to criticism on Facebook, the group wrote that their Monument To Nothing is about separation of church and state.
Our preference is always complete separate of religion and government. We want the Ten Commandments monument off public land. However, in this specific case, we have agreed to settle. We are excited about installing our monument but your point is well-taken. We hope that in the future, courthouses and other public spaces will think twice before installing religious monuments!
8. The Florida League of the South Chairman Michael Tubbs told AP that the monument was “a stick in the eye to the Christian people of Florida.”
9. The Monument To Nothing and The Ten Commandments will now sit side-by-side in front of the courthouse.
Two presidents! #StarkeContrast
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A former "Apprentice" contestant has filed a lawsuit against Trump for calling her a liar over sexual assault allegations.
- Birth control startups are seeing a spike in demand because many women are nervous coverage under Obamacare will disappear.
- You can now dig through the CIA's secret history. 12 millions declassified docs are on the internet for all to see 🤓📚