3. Here’s some shaky footage of the clip in question:
5. The Freeport residents that assembled were also upset with what they say are Jewish stereotypes perpetuated by the series.
7. Those gathered Friday night were most upset about Ashlee White’s comments about couches on the side of the road, which they say is evidence of the need to rebuild the area after the storm.
Among those who showed were Jewish residents of the village offended by the stereotypes on the show, local Superstorm Sandy survivors who feel slighted by comments made about debris and a local rap group that wrote a song about the show after one of the cast called Freeport a “ghetto.”
9. Freeport residents Nice and iLL went so far as to record a hip-hop song in response to the portrayal of Freeport in Princesses: Long Island.
10. From the song’s description on YouTube:
This is in response to the premiere episode on Bravo. How they are not only a false representation of Long Island but how they could portray an amazing village like Freeport on national Television is ridiculous, and our town and Island need to be Acknowledged!
- Three people with ties to one of the San Bernardino shooters were arrested on immigration fraud charges.
- With the help of tax dollars, Trump is converting a prized federal landmark near the White House into a luxury hotel 🏨
- And a professor says most dogs don't like hugs. He studied hundreds of photos and found most of them showed tell-tale signs of stress 🐶