2. Her page on the poll credits her meme-able moments for the nomination:
The artist formerly known as Hannah Montana got tongues wagging—beyond her own—with a scantily clad, twerk-filled performance at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards and meme-able hit videos.
3. Coming in second behind Miley is Hindu nationalist Narendra Modi, the prime ministerial candidate for India’s main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party. He currently has 12.1% of the votes.
4. And then in third, with 9.4% of the votes is NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.
5. Two caveats in all of this: TIME’s editorial staff does have a hand in ultimately picking the winner on December 4th. Also, according to The Daily Dot, 4chan users are always attempting to hack the results.
- The Republican health care bill is all but dead after President Trump asked Speaker Paul Ryan to scrap a vote when it was clear it wouldn't pass.
- Paul Ryan was forced to admit that "Obamacare is the law of the land" after the failure of the Republican health care bill.
- It's time for Ivanka Trump to "stand for women" against Republican health care policies, says Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍