2. An almost 500-foot-tall new headquarters for The People’s Daily is currently being built in Beijing.
There is nothing amusing about the new Beijing headquarters of the People’s Daily newspaper. Nothing amusing at all.
3. The building is being “erected” based on plans from Professor Zhou Qi of Southeast University School of Architecture. He won a contest held in 2009.
Have you seen Chinaâ€™s Peopleâ€™s Daily newspaper office building? #VaguelyNSFW â€”>
5. A joke they then photoshopped, making pictures of the building actually having sex with other Chinese buildings.
7. That hasn’t stopped the jokes from spreading on other social media sites, though.
DA PANDA CODE
Pendant ce temps-lÃ , la construction du siÃ¨ge de People’s Daily en Chine continue. Sans aucune pression.
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.
- British banks got hit hard, and their European peers were hit even harder.
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."