1. This was a real flyer sent home by the Lincoln, Neb., public school system:
2. The flyer has nine rules for children who experience bullying, advising kids not to tell on bullies and to not make bullies mad by defending themselves.
Rule #1: Refuse to get mad.
Rule #2: Treat the person who is being mean as if they are trying to help you.
Rule #3: Do not be afraid.
Rule #4: Do not verbally defend yourself.
Rule #5: Do not attack.
Rule #6: If someone physically hurts you, just show you are hurt; do not get angry.
Rule #7: Do not tell on bullies.
Rule #8: Don’t be a sore loser.
Rule #9: Learn to laugh at yourself and not get “hooked” by put-downs.
4. On Wednesday, the Lincoln Public Schools Facebook page responded to the controversy, apologizing for the “inaccurate information” that was “sent home with good intentions.”
- At least 13 people were killed and 31 others injured when a tour bus crashed into a semi-trailer near Palm Springs, California Sunday.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.