1. Updated — 4:50 p.m. ET
4. And while the tweet was yanked down, it didn’t stop people from seeing it or the subsequent screenshots.
AJC is on some other stuff today
5. Needless to say, readers weren’t thrilled…
Jean Shorts Torture
AJC now hiring social media specialist #AJCHeadlines
Maybe this is an @ajc staffing issue?
Woo boy, somebody at AJC getting fired today.
Itâ€™s nice that everyone is learning about the illiterate, incompetent mess that is the @ajc. Imagine living with it every day.
The It-City Paper
We certainly do not have the readership of the @ajc, but we do promise to avoid disastrous tweets like theirs.
So we just making racist tweets then deleting them huh. Oh, ok. @ajc
11. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has apologized for the tweet, saying they’re working on addressing what happened.
The AJC apologizes for & deeply regrets the tweet that was posted earlier today. We are working to address this situation internally.
12. Kevin Riley, editor of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, said the paper is taking disciplinary action against the employees involved.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution sincerely regrets an earlier Twitter message that contained an inappropriate statement. We took immediate action to apologize via social media and on our website and will issue an apology in Thursday morning’s print edition. We do not condone such offensive messages and are reviewing our procedures to ensure this type of error does not happen again. Additionally, we are taking the appropriate disciplinary action with the individuals involved.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."