1. This is Emily Heaton. Her dad, Jeremiah, just bought her a “kingdom” in Africa. It’s an 800-square-mile stretch of desert in North Africa.
4. After his trip to the area in June, Heaton wrote on his Facebook page:
“Over the years a few armchair explorers have attempted to ‘claim’ Bir Tawil by simply writing a blog entry or creating a website. These half-hearted, illegitimate claims have not been recognized by any government.
Today, with the full support of the Egyptian government, I traveled 14 hours through the open desert to reach Bir Tawil. Once in the Bir Tawil region, I planted a flag, designed by my children, and made a physical claim on the land.”
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀