1. This is Emily Heaton. Her dad, Jeremiah, just bought her a “kingdom” in Africa. It’s an 800-square-mile stretch of desert in North Africa.
4. After his trip to the area in June, Heaton wrote on his Facebook page:
“Over the years a few armchair explorers have attempted to ‘claim’ Bir Tawil by simply writing a blog entry or creating a website. These half-hearted, illegitimate claims have not been recognized by any government.
Today, with the full support of the Egyptian government, I traveled 14 hours through the open desert to reach Bir Tawil. Once in the Bir Tawil region, I planted a flag, designed by my children, and made a physical claim on the land.”
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.