1. Jerral Hancock lost lost his left arm and was paralyzed from the waist down in a bomb explosion while serving in Iraq.
2. He lives in a mobile home too narrow to properly fit his wheelchair with his two children Julius and Anastasia.
3. At one point, Jerral ‘s handicapped-accessible van broke down, trapping him in his mobile home for months.
4. For the last 15 years, the seniors from a local high school history class pick an end-of-the-year project to help local veterans. This year they’re helping Jerral.
5. They raised $80,000 in the first four months.
6. After six months, they have successfully closed escrow on a $264,000 property.
7. The students organized yard sales, pizza nights and all kinds of other ways for the community as a whole to chip in to make sure Jerral and his children had a better place to call home.
8. As you can see, Anastasia is pretty grateful.
9. The students break ground on Jerral’s new place next month.
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Year's Day has confessed to the shooting, Istanbul's governor said
- At least 40 Democratic lawmakers are boycotting Donald Trump's inauguration after the president-elect criticized civil rights leader John Lewis.
- Prime Minister Theresa May will set out a "hard Brexit" plan during a speech about Britain leaving the European Union.
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America by the Pussy" shirts, which many say normalizes sexual assault.