1. Jerral Hancock lost lost his left arm and was paralyzed from the waist down in a bomb explosion while serving in Iraq.
2. He lives in a mobile home too narrow to properly fit his wheelchair with his two children Julius and Anastasia.
3. At one point, Jerral ‘s handicapped-accessible van broke down, trapping him in his mobile home for months.
4. For the last 15 years, the seniors from a local high school history class pick an end-of-the-year project to help local veterans. This year they’re helping Jerral.
5. They raised $80,000 in the first four months.
6. After six months, they have successfully closed escrow on a $264,000 property.
7. The students organized yard sales, pizza nights and all kinds of other ways for the community as a whole to chip in to make sure Jerral and his children had a better place to call home.
8. As you can see, Anastasia is pretty grateful.
9. The students break ground on Jerral’s new place next month.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Inside the final days of the FARC, Colombia's 50-year-old rebel group, which is on the verge of signing a peace treaty with the government.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.