Newsweek reported Thursday it had found the mysterious founder of Bitcoin living in Temple City, Calif. But in a two-hour interview with the Associated Press, Satoshi Nakamoto denied any involvement with Bitcoin.
What’s the truth? The internet has many theories.
1. Satoshi Nakamoto is an actor who was hired by Newsweek to help relaunch its printed magazine.
3. The cop was in on it because he knew Satoshi Nakamoto’s real name.
4. And the whole thing would be a pretty perfect way to discredit the Bitcoin community.
7. Because he might have developed Bitcoins under a government contract.
- Barack Obama became the first sitting U.S. president to visit the site of the atomic bombing in Hiroshima, Japan. The "memory of August 6, 1945 must never fade."
- A Silicon Valley college faked grades, dodged immigration authorities, and made a fortune, BuzzFeed News has found 💰🎓
- Twenty-three athletes who competed in the 2012 Olympic Games in London have failed retrospective doping tests, officials say.