The highest court in Italy ruled Tuesday that an appeals court in Florence must re-hear the case against Knox and her Italian-ex-boyfriend for the murder of 21-year-old Meredith Kercher.
October 4, 2011, file photo
Amanda Knox released a statement about the re-trial Tuesday morning:
It was painful to receive the news that the Italian Supreme Court decided to send my case back for revision when the prosecution’s theory of my involvement in Meredith’s murder has been repeatedly revealed to be completely unfounded and unfair.
I believe that any questions as to my innocence must be examined by an objective investigation and a capable prosecution.
1. As news broke, however, a new crop of Knox fans popped up on Twitter:
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎