Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she is "absolutely" satisfied with the information that has already been released on the 2012 terrorist attack in Libya.
Clinton joined ABC morning host Robin Roberts for a "conversation" about philanthropy on Wednesday in New York. But when the event at the Ford Foundation started, Roberts asked Clinton to weigh in on the "hot-topic" issue first.
"Benghazi," said Roberts. "The new investigation — are you satisfied with what the answers are, and are you content with what you know what happened?"
"Absolutely," Clinton said, addressing for the first time the select committee investigation into the attack at the U.S. compound in Benghazi.
Republican lawmakers in the House of Representatives called last week for a second investigation into the White House and State Department's response to the strike that killed four Americans, including U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens.
Documents published last week by the website Judicial Watch included a newly declassified email between administration officials discussing the response to the attack. Republicans have questioned why the email was not included in the trove of documents released during a 2013 subpoena for information related to Benghazi.
"There are a lot of reasons why — despite all the hearings, all of the information that's been provided — some choose not to be satisfied and choose to continue to move forward," Clinton said at the Philanthropy New York event.
"That's their choice, and I do not believe that there is any reason for it to continue in this way, but they get to call the shots in Congress," she said.
"And you get to call the shots right now in talking about philanthropy," said Roberts, moving the conversation on to Clinton's foundation work.
Ruby Cramer is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Ruby Cramer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.