The annual Conservative Political Action Conference released its agenda for 2012 today. The event lasts for three days in Washington, D.C. and features the stars of the conservative movement -- everyone from the president of the NRA to all the presidential candidates (apart from Ron Paul). Sarah Palin is the keynote speaker this year.
The main speeches and events -- "Do 'We Still Hold These Truths?': The Future of the Conservative Movement," "Return of Big Labor: What Can We Learn from Wisconsin & Ohio?", and others -- aren't too surprising. But delving into the CPAC schedule reveals some gems (not all are official CPAC events, though all are listed on the agenda):
- "It’s the Spending, Stupid! Why Is It So Hard to Cut a Trillion Dollars?"
- "The Failure of Multiculturalism: How the pursuit of diversity is weakening the American Identity"
- "Fire From the Heartland: The Awakening of the Conservative Woman" (starring Michele Bachmann, Ann Coulter, and an "all-star cast")
- "You Had Me at Thank You: A thorough review of the importance of a timely and effective acknowledgement of you [sic] donor’s gift"
- "Political Correctness & The Wussification of America"
- "When’s The Last Time Your Database Had a Colonoscopy?: The importance of performing regular file audits and data hygiene for healthy fundraising"
- "NRA University: Arm Yourself with the Facts" (this event advertises "Free NRA Membership & Gear for attendees!" The type of gear is not specified.)
- "Path to Punditry Workshop: How to turn your opinions into a career"
- "'Take Back Wall Street' Youth Rally"
- "Why are U.S. taxpayers spending billions to promote abortion and homosexuality worldwide?"
- "Why Am I Living in My Parent's Basement? How the Obama Administration's Policies Are Detrimental to Young People"
And of course: