1. Beginning this fall, the University of Wisconsin Green Bay is Snapchatting applicants their acceptance.
2. “Snaps are sent to admitted students that have shared their Snapchat usernames with the university,” the school’s social media specialist told BuzzFeed News.
“It is an opt-in situation. Snaps are not sent to students that are not accepted,” she added.
The school also sends a traditional acceptance via the ~traditional~ mail.
The university first began using Snapchat when they realized it was the perfect way to connect with prospective students.
This social media specialist said that the Snapchat acceptance comes “after a couple years of dreaming about it.”
4. So far, the incoming freshman are fans. Many have even replied with “excited selfies,” the specialist said.
- A judge has blocked Trump's order to deny funds to sanctuary cities that "refuse to comply" with immigration authorities.
- Fox News anchor Kelly Wright and 12 other current and former employees are suing the network for racial discrimination and harassment.
- The humanitarian crisis in Venezuela is so bad that people are walking over to Brazil to get the food and medicines they need.
- A 5-year-old girl cosplayed Jyn Erso so she could deliver the Death Star plans to Princess Leia 🙏