1. Since Tuesday, this statue of a little girl has been staring down the bull on Wall Street.
State Street Global Advisors is responsible for the new piece of art on Wall Street.
The statue symbolizes a call the company made for more women on corporate boards.
2. The statue, called “Fearless Girl,” was created by artist Kristen Visbal, a spokeswoman for the company told BuzzFeed News. Many people hoped that the statue would be a permanent fixture.
“We have a permit with the city for a week but are discussing extending that to a month,” the spokeswoman said. “From there, it’s up to the City to determine whether it will be a permanent installation.”
3. Wednesday evening, Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted that the statue will be up through April 2nd.
4. Many people were pretty in love with the work. “It resonates with my heart,” said this person.
5. “What an appropriate symbol of female fortitude and strength,” said another person.
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.