1. This is Ben Sowards and his 6-year-old daughter, Valerie. They live in Utah.
On Friday, Valerie had an accident at school. His wife, Connie, told her husband that she was crying and that she wanted to go home.
“My heart kind of just broke,” the dad told BuzzFeed News. So, he splashed some water on himself.
2. And left to pick up Valerie looking like this.
He said that he quietly entered the school office, and then asked for Valerie’s backpack to cover up his own “accident.”
“She looked at me with just the biggest incredulity,” he said.
3. Valerie found it hilarious and her dad made her feel a lot better. “She was laughing about it,” he said. “It was so funny.”
4. Lucinda, Valerie’s 17-year-old sister, tweeted pics of her dad’s move of solidarity and people seriously loved it.
5. “Dads like this make my heart happy.”
11. Lucinda told BuzzFeed News that the gesture was so typical of her father.
Around four years ago, the teen fell on her face while ice-skating. “He FaceTimed me,” she said. “He had vividly painted a black eye that matched mine.”