2. The previous record for debut-week streams was set by Drake’s last album, Nothing Was The Same, which was streamed 15.6 million times in its first week in 2013.
3. IYRTITL also broke Spotify’s single-day streaming record, with 6.8 million streams this past Saturday, Feb 14. The mixtape hit Spotify on Friday morning after spending a few hours Thursday night on iTunes (and, briefly, SoundCloud).
4. Despite being released with no advance singles and little promo, IYRTITL has been selling quickly, as well. Billboard reports that the project is on track to sell over 500,000 copies in its first week on the charts.
That would make it the biggest debut for a rap album in over a year, since Eminem’s The Marshall Mathers LP 2 sold 792,000 copies in its first week in 2013. Nothing Was The Same, released the same year, had a debut total of 658,000 after a more traditional promotional campaign.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀