1. Ukranian President Viktor Yanukovych has fled the city and protestors have entered his personal compound, finding things like a spa, a zoo, and a massive car collection.
3. A day after opposition leaders and the president signed a peace agreement, Yanukovych left Kiev, CNN reports opposition leader Vitali Klitschko said.
“Unfortunately, President Yanukovych who did not hear the people has withdrawn from his constitutional duties himself,” Klitschko said. “And today he has already left the capital. Millions of citizens see only one option in the current situation — it is calling the early presidential election.”
5. Washington’s Channel 4 correspondent Matt Frei tweeted many photos from the compound.
8. According to CNN, Yanukovych had fled for the city of Kharkiv, the second largest in the country, for a meeting after the peace agreement was signed.
12. Protesters discovered luxuries including a golf course, a car collection, and a personal spa.
17. Dozens of people entered the compound after Yanukovych fled.
18. Though some reports said that Yanukovych resigned, he said on television that he would be continuing his presidency.
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper. He had previously alleged voter fraud.
- Jill Stein filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏