1. A 19-year-old has been arrested after allegedly breaking into a Florida home, taking a shower, changing into the homeowner’s pajamas, cooking a meal, and falling asleep, News4Jax.com reports.
Chancy Layton is facing charges of burglary, theft, and criminal mischief after she entered the St. Augustine Beach home around 9:30 p.m. last Friday, when she was told by a friend that the house was empty, police said.
3. After the homeowners came home around 2:30 a.m., the teen dashed out of the house, forgetting her purse and passport (and maybe a half-eaten bowl of porridge) in the process.
Homeowner Cheryl Petocz, who is reportedly not a bear, was shocked to find the girl asleep on her couch, and said she ran when she told her she was going to call the police.
“Not what I expected to see when I walked into my house. We just stood there a bit, looking at each other, like, ‘What do we do?’” she said. “There was lots of bottles of wine that she drank. She was clearly not in a clear state.”
5. After being spotted by an St. Augustine Beach officer near the home, Layton apologized and began to have breathing problems, so was briefly taken to the hospital, and then into the St. Johns County jail.
After promising to seek medical help and end her constant search for things that are “just right,” the teen posted an $8,000 bond and was released.
- U.S. foreign policy figures are raising concerns about a close Trump aide's ties to allies of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- UK elections: The Labour Party has dropped to third place in Scotland, but is doing better than expected at holding onto control of English councils 🇬🇧
- Three people were shot outside a mall in Bethesda, Maryland, according to Montgomery County police.