1. Fifteen-year-old Austin Broderick was on his way back from Walmart with his dad when the two caught a dramatic scene: A train right as it slammed into a truck carrying a trailer full of watermelons.
3. “I was kind of worried about the driver, but I was kind of excited because I’d never seen something like this happen,” he told the Orlando Sentinel.
No one was injured in the crash, which makes it even more cathartic to watch the 130-car train demolish the vehicle.
“It’s like it was in slow-motion,” said Broderick’s dad, Dean. “You hear the train, then it’s dead silence, and then wham! I’ve never seen anything like it. It was breathtaking.”
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- A vandal allegedly smashed glass and threw a bible into a Colorado mosque on Sunday morning.
- Prime Minister Theresa May is starting the UK's withdrawal process from the European Union this week. But how will Brexit work?
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.