3. If your little one likes to unwind the entire roll of toilet paper, put it in backward (with the end facing the wall) — it’ll make it harder for them.
6. Make a progress chart of times they’re successful, and let them put a sticker up when they do it right.
7. Get a potty training kit together before you start, with the sticker chart, juice boxes, some candy and small rewards that they’ll love, their big kid underwear, and a potty training movie.
9. Set a “pee-pee timer” for every 30 minutes to help remind your little boy or girl to try to go.
10. There’s no shame in resorting to bribery. When your child sits on the potty on their own, start out with big rewards, like a little toy or ice cream, and gradually decrease to small awards, like M&Ms or jelly beans.
“The key is that when she goes to sit on the potty, and her pants are dry, that’s when she gets rewarded,” one mom writes. “If you start to reward for making pee/poop, that is when it can turn into a power struggle/control issue.”
11. If you prefer not to use candy, hit up the dollar store: Try stickers, stamps, coins for their piggy bank, or a toy set with multiple pieces for the bath, and let them have one or two for every time they go one or two. Hugs and songs can work too.
12. Another incentive recommended is to let them pick out a poster they like, hang it in the bathroom, then cover up the good parts with a post-it note.
13. Sing “Wipe, seat down, flush, wash your hands” to any melody to help them remember all of the steps.
14. If they have an accident, have them help with clean up.
15. Save yourself some back strain by letting the little one wash their hands with the bathtub faucet (just make sure it’s not too hot).
17. For kids who are resisting wearing underwear, they’ll be extra excited to wear a pair custom-made for them with iron-on paper.
Print out their favorite characters using iron-on transfer paper, then iron them onto plain white underwear. Ta-da! Their own personalized collection.
19. Like everything else with parenting, don’t stress too much about it. Just remember: You’re not going to send your kid to college in diapers.
- From water jugs and dehydrated food to Faraday cages and unregistered vehicles, liberals are prepping for Donald Trump's presidency.
- Several people are trapped after an avalanche buried an Italian hotel Wednesday night following a succession of earthquakes.
- Federal agencies have put on a fireworks finale for the Obama administration, suing JPMorgan, Oracle, Fiat Chrysler, and Navient.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸