Two young men who took the blame for the recent string of bombing attacks in the Russian city of Volgograd also threatened to leave a “present” at next month’s Olympic Games in a video released today.
“We’ve prepared a present for you and all tourists who’ll come over,” they said in the video, which CNN reports was posted on a well-known Jihadi forum. “If you will hold the Olympics, you’ll get a present from us for the Muslim blood that’s been spilled.”
The men, who are believed to have carried out the Volgograd attacks, are dressed in black and standing in front of a black banner with a religious verse that has been associated with al Qaeda-linked extremists.
The threat was released the same day that an interview with President Vladimir Putin was broadcast, in which he promises to keep Olympic visitors safe.
“We will try to make certain that the security measures are not intrusive or too conspicuous, so they are not too noticeable for the athletes, the Olympics’ guests or journalists,” Putin said. “But at the same time, we will do our utmost to ensure that they are effective.”
- Saturday is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- A luxury event called Fyre Festival turned into a total shitshow. Headliners dropped out and guests tweeted photos of bare-bones food and lodging 😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- A teen had a remarkably petty response when her ex asked for his prom money back: She paid him in all pennies 😏