1. Massive bonfires and rioting were how students at Michigan State celebrated the school’s Big Ten title win Saturday night.
“this is how East Lansing celebrates a win! #cedarfest all I see is roses baby!”
3. The Spartans defeated Ohio State 34-24 late Saturday night, earning a spot in the Rose Bowl for the first time in 25 years.
“Cedar Fest 2013. Who knew burning couches smelled like roses?”
4. In videos posted on Instagram, couches are seen making their way through the crowd and into the bonfires.
6. Multiple people were arrested but there were no injuries reported, according to the Star Tribune.
“Props to the kids who got arrested tonight, started the go green go white chant as they were being taken away!”
“I can still smell those roses #msu #postgame #riot #rosebowl #gogreen”
8. From the looks of it, street signs were torn down, with some being thrown into the fire.
9. This user said the bonfire included “2 couches, two basketball hoops, 5 trees, 2 bushes, 6 chairs [and] 2 tables”
11. The riots took place in the student-populated Cedar Village area, and were shut down around 3 a.m.
12. “It’s more tradition than anything,” Joe Sheena, an MSU senior, told the Lansing State Journal. “We’re not a school of pyromaniacs.”
“Just your typical cedar street riot. #burnthecoach #rosebowl#cedarfest”
- Donald Trump's supporters think his comments about Miss Universe are no big deal.