1. Vice President Joe Biden is more than just America’s cheeky uncle: He’s a dream date for one Connecticut teen, who asked the 71-year-old to prom.
2. Talia Maselli, 17, of Newington, Conn., invited the politician to dance the night away with her at the Newington High School prom, describing him as “the most delightful man in America” in a letter she wrote to him last fall.
5. While he ultimately turned down the invite, Maselli still got a surprise on the eve of the prom: A deliveryman arrived at her door with a corsage picked out by Biden, along with a handwritten note inviting her to visit him at the White House.
“I am flattered, but my schedule will not permit me to be in Connecticut on Friday evening,” Biden said in the note. “But I hope you will accept this corsage and enjoy your prom as much as I did mine.”
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- American Airlines gave workers a raise — to the highest pay in the industry — and Wall Street is furious. The company's stock has been falling since Thursday.
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- We found an average of about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯