1. Former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords attended her first gun show since she was shot during an assassination attempt in 2011.
From left: New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, Gabrielle Giffords, and her husband Mark Kelly at the New Eastcoast Arms Collectors Associates arms fair in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
3. Giffords, her astronaut husband Mark Kelly, and New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman attended the Saratoga Springs show to highlight a voluntary agreement in New York that closely monitors gun show sales.
Show organizer Dave Petronis (left) leads the trio on a tour.
5. Under the agreement, guns must be tagged at show entrances and computer stations must be provided in order to do background checks. Buyers are also not allowed to exit the show without proper documentation.
The group looked at a sales tag at the New Eastcoast Arms Collectors Associates arms fair. Gun buyers are required to show the tag as proof of a background check before leaving the gun show.
7. Giffords spoke passionately at a news conference during the show. “We must never stop fighting,” she said. “Fight! Fight! Fight! Be bold! Be courageous!”
9. The environment was generally friendly, though some booed at the press conference, and protesters picketed the state’s separate new gun law outside. One man held a sign that said, in part, “gun control made the Holocaust possible.”
The group looked at a display of muzzle loaders.