1. After four robbers broke into his home with guns last week, a man in Port Richey, Fla., called 911 — but when the dispatcher tried to transfer the call from the fire department to the police, the man ended up getting sent to voicemail.
3. On the recorded call, the robbers can be heard screaming in the background demanding money and prescription drugs, as the recorded call comes on: “If this is an emergency, hang up and dial 911. Thank you for calling — “
5. As the chaos continued, the man took matters into his own hands and shot one of the robbers himself, FOX13 reports.
The dispatcher then comes on, and the man tells him his wife and stepmother were injured in the robbery.
County deputies claim the transfer problem didn’t slow down their response time to the crime scene, which took more than three and a half minutes. They also said steps are being taken to prevent the occurrence from happening again.
Three of the robbers have since been caught, including the man who was shot.
7. Listen to the insane call here:
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.