1. A cat in Bakersfield, Calif., potentially saved a boy’s life when it staved off a vicious dog attack, and the whole rescue was caught on surveillance video.
8. Update, 3:41 p.m., ET: The dog was picked up by animal control after yesterday’s attack and will be euthanized, TMZ reports.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩