1. A Tennessee woman has come under fire for her decision to attach her newborn daughter to the train of her wedding dress and drag her as she walked down the aisle.
3. Shona Carter-Brooks, of Jackson, Tenn., defended the unconventional decision, saying in a Facebook post that the 1-month-old baby, named Aubrey, was “awake and well-secured” and that she was “covered by Christ.”
One of the bride’s Facebook friends reportedly commented that the moment made her tear up.
“Shona and Johnathan Brooks your wedding was super perfect from the groom and his men and you and your diva’s baby you rock the gown and the princess tagging behind you it brought tears to my eyes. Regardless of anybody else dream your’s came true. I loved it and thank you for inviting me,” wrote Pamela Stone.
But some angry commenters felt that the woman should be reported to child protection services, the Daily Mail reported.
5. The dress, which Carter-Brooks said on Facebook she purchased at David’s Bridal, appears to have been altered to fit the infant.
(Note: Though Carter-Brooks says the dress is Vera Wang, the company denied that the dress is from any of their collections.)
7. Carter-Brooks, who has another daughter, wrote that people will always “have something negative to say” and that “we do what we want when we want long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine.”
Read her full post:
People questioning what we do, commenting all negative, and just doing the most. We good though we covered by the Blood which never loose its power. So to the media, radio, news, and whomever else wanting to talk about what WE do here you go: Media Media I see how it works regardless the situation or purpose people gone have something negative to say! The answer is we do what we want when we want long as Jesus on our side everything worked out fine and gone continue to be fine. Our 1 month old was awake and well secured on my train. Most important while yall got ya feelings in us we had our hearts in Christ which covers all!! So keep ya mouths running for it was just that Exclusive and Epic enough we made top blog way from small town Ripley, TN and the social media doing what they do, TALK!!!!
9. Update — June 2, 8:17 a.m.: Carter-Brooks has declined a BuzzFeed request for comment. “Understood everyone entitled to their own opinion so all I have to say is God bless you!” she said by email.
10. Update — June 2, 1:54 p.m.: Vera Wang reached out to BuzzFeed to deny that the dress is from any of their collections, which Carter-Brooks claimed.
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The Republican health care bill is "anti-woman," said the president of Planned Parenthood, whose organization would be defunded by the legislation.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍