1. Rebecca Denham and her 4-year-old son, Justin Otero, stopped by the Doughnut Inn in Monroe, Conn., recently, but have not been allowed back after Justin asked a “rude” question.
Denham said Justin asked a woman at the doughnut shop if she had a baby in her belly, WFSB reports.
The woman replied “No,” and Denham said she was mortified.
“My response was, ‘Oh my goodness, I’m so embarrassed, I’m so sorry,’” Denham said.
3. Though the woman said, “No problem,” the managers at Doughnut Inn were not as blasé about the remark, and allegedly refused to let the two in when they stopped by again Tuesday morning.
“We were screamed at in front of the door, ‘He’s not allowed in here, he’s rude,’” the mom recalled, adding that she tried to explain the situation to her son and that he “sort of” understands.
5. When contacted by the local news station, the manager and owner declined to comment.
“Some people, unfortunately, are quick to pass judgment, and therefore we will take our money and business elsewhere,” Denham said.
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race, and Trump's unreleased taxes during the first US presidential debate 📢
- The Colombia government and FARC rebels have signed a historic peace deal, ending 52 years of armed conflict.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌