We often hear about how domestic violence affects women, but oftentimes overlook that men can also be victims.
In these Whisper posts, men share alleged experiences they've had with fear, violence, and the stigma around being a male in an abusive relationship.
1. Men have to face feeling afraid.
2. They have to face the stigma of what masculinity means.
3. They can be subject to violence.
4. Being emotionally scarred by a loved one.
5. Feeling torn between two lives.
6. Needing to lie to save face.
7. Being in a losing battle.
8. Feeling helpless.
9. And sometimes having to watch the damage from the sidelines.
10. They face judgment from society.
11. Losing their grip on their self-worth.
12. Keeping secrets inside.
13. And deciding whether to be a victim.
If you are in an abusive relationship you can get help through the Domestic Violence Hotline.
Rachel Zarrell is a news editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Rachel Zarrell at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.