We often hear about how domestic violence affects women, but oftentimes overlook that men can also be victims.
In these Whisper posts, men share alleged experiences they’ve had with fear, violence, and the stigma around being a male in an abusive relationship.
1. Men have to face feeling afraid.
2. They have to face the stigma of what masculinity means.
3. They can be subject to violence.
4. Being emotionally scarred by a loved one.
5. Feeling torn between two lives.
6. Needing to lie to save face.
7. Being in a losing battle.
8. Feeling helpless.
9. And sometimes having to watch the damage from the sidelines.
10. They face judgment from society.
11. Losing their grip on their self-worth.
12. Keeping secrets inside.
13. And deciding whether to be a victim.
If you are in an abusive relationship you can get help through the Domestic Violence Hotline.
- Four people were killed in what officials are calling a terror attack after a car drove into pedestrians near Parliament in London. A suspect was also killed by police.
- Rep. Adam Schiff said there's "more than circumstantial evidence" that President Trump's campaign colluded with Russia during the election.
- Donald Trump said he feels "somewhat" vindicated after the Republican intelligence chairman in the House claimed Trump's team was surveilled.
- As if it wasn't easy enough to buy someone coffee, you'll now be able to send Starbucks gift cards via text on Apple's iMessage ☕️📲