1. The camera was rolling when the attack took place.
KCBS/KCAL-TV reporter Dave Bryan was conducting an interview around 10 p.m. on Monday when the assault suddenly took place. The unidentified suspect apparently tackled Bryan and his photographer before fleeing the scene, the station confirmed on Tuesday. The two were later treated for minor injuries.
3. Joseph Degurre witnessed the attack. Here’s what he told the Los Angeles Times after the incident:
4. At least a dozen people were later arrested after the peaceful protest turned violent.
- Top Democrats are demanding House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes remove himself from the investigation into Russian interference in the election.
- President Trump will sign an executive order on Tuesday stopping the EPA's plan to limit power plants burning coal.
- The mayor of London has urged politicians in the European Union not to "punish" Britain for the decision to leave the EU, stating a "bad Brexit" would hurt the EU too.
- Samsung announced plans to refurbish and sell some of the 4.3 million explosive Galaxy Note7 phones it recalled last year📱🔥