Take a look at this image from NASA’s Aqua satellite of Tropical Storm Flossie as it nears Hawaii!
2. Residents and tourists alike took to social media to capture the storm’s power.
4. The governor warned Hawaiians to be careful when going out in the storm.
Caution roads are wet. Drive carefully and with aloha. Limit driving unless it’s necessary. #Flossie
5. Flossie hit Maui particularly hard, where numerous lightning strikes were seen.
Hawaii News Now
PHOTO: Lightning strikes the ground on Maui #Flossie (Mitchell Nohara)
Lightning blast through roof of a home on Kipapa Place in #Kahului #Maui. #Flossie (Facebook: TAGUMAWatch)
8. This Maui street quickly turned into a river as rain fell on the island.
10. A few brave surfers decided to take advantage of the big waves on Oahu.
11. Despite the storm, honeymooners found other ways to enjoy their getaway.
12. Others twerked their way through it.
13. While the storm hammered Big Island and Maui, other islands saw peeks of sun and even a rainbow.
#flossie has some perks…
14. Forecasters say Flossie should exit the state by Wednesday.
- DNC Day 1 is done: Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton "must become the next president," and Michelle Obama brought down the house 🏠 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and 20 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed the first round-the-world solar-powered flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️