1. This is the Grand Haven Front Lighthouse, located on Lake Michigan. It was completely covered in ice Thursday after bitter cold paralyzed the region.
2. The pier that leads to the lighthouse was also frozen over, battered this week by spray from Lake Michigan and heavy snow.
3. Ice collected on virtually everything leading to the lighthouse, including an elevated catwalk.
4. The wind sculpted the ice into beautiful and terrifying structures.
5. Frozen water clung to the catwalk used to deliver power to the front lighthouse.
6. The ice-covered pier and rear lighthouse blended in with the frozen lake.
7. Few people dared to venture out onto the treacherous pier, where wind chills were near 5 degrees.
8. In the event of an emergency, it would probably be best to reach for a cell phone.
9. If someone should fall into the icy lake, good luck using this life preserver.
10. Lake Michigan was covered in thick ice that resembled large, slippery cauliflowers.
11. The beach, a major attraction in the summer, was completely frozen in ice and snow. Several residents said it was the worst they had ever seen here.
- Nope, President Donald Trump will not release his tax returns after an IRS audit, the White House says, despite pledging to do so.
- "Welcome to the movement": Organizers of the Women's March on Washington are now working tirelessly to make sure 1st-time marchers stick around ✊
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- Aziz Ansari has made history as the first South Asian to host 'SNL.' In his monologue, he called Trump "the Chris Brown of politics."