1. Sen. Cruz defended his role in the government shutdown, slammed Obamacare as a jobs killer, and articulated his position on gay marriage and gun control.
“I’ve been reading a lot about you lately, and they describe you as aggressive, arrogant and abrasive. Accurate?” Leno asked.
“I don’t know that you can believe everything you read,” Cruz replied. “You know, what I’m trying to do is do my job. And occasionally people don’t like that.”
- Donald Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Famine in South Sudan has left 100,000 people facing starvation and nearly 8 million in need of immediate assistance, UN agencies say.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it's the definition of friendship goals 😎