1. Sen. Cruz defended his role in the government shutdown, slammed Obamacare as a jobs killer, and articulated his position on gay marriage and gun control.
“I’ve been reading a lot about you lately, and they describe you as aggressive, arrogant and abrasive. Accurate?” Leno asked.
“I don’t know that you can believe everything you read,” Cruz replied. “You know, what I’m trying to do is do my job. And occasionally people don’t like that.”
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸