1. The president said “it is true” some are receiving notices that their health insurance plans are being canceled under the Affordable Care Act.
“If you are getting one of these letters, just shop around in the new marketplace. That’s what it’s for,” Obama said. “Because of the tax credits we’re offering, and the competition between insurers, most people are going to get better, comprehensive health care plans for the same price or even cheaper than projected. You are going to get a better deal.”
2. Obama also accepted responsibility for the botched rollout of the HealthCare.gov site.
“There’s no denying it, the website is too slow, too many people have gotten stuck, and I’m not happy about it. And neither are a lot of Americans who need healthcare,” the president said. “There’s no excuse for it and I take full responsibility making sure it gets fixed ASAP.”
- Congress has voted to override President Obama's veto of a bill that'd allow families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- Jerry Springer says Donald Trump probably wouldn't be on his show because his guests are authentic and tell the truth.