Former first lady Barbara Bush attends a White House ceremony on July, 15, 2013.
Former first lady Barbara Bush has been hospitalized in Houston, Texas, for a “respiratory related issue,” the family said in a statement late Tuesday.
The 88-year-old wife of President George H. W. Bush was admitted to Houston Methodist Hospital on Monday and has been receiving treatment for the ailment. The former first lady was said to be in “great spirits” and has received visits from family.
Bush was previously hospitalized at the Houston facility in 2008 in what the former president called a “serious and scary” night while suffering a perforated ulcer. She later underwent laparoscopic surgery and was released.
3. The office of George H. W. Bush released this statement late Tuesday:
Former First Lady Barbara Bush was admitted to Methodist Hospital in Houston’s Texas Medical Center yesterday for treatment on a respiratory related issue. She is in great spirits, has already received visits from her husband and family, and is receiving fantastic care. Updates will be issued when warranted.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈