2. A transcript
(CNN) - After tailgating with former fraternity and cheer[ing] for his alma mater - the Miami University of Ohio, whose football season opened this weekend - GOP [vice] presidential candidate Paul Ryan engaged in some “orange diplomacy” with the press corps following him on the campaign trail.
Aboard his plane, reporters rolled an orange down he aisle towards his seat. Ryan rolled the orange back, with a message: “They were winning when I was there. – Paul”
5. Flashback: In mid-August, journalists did some non-interrogatory orange bowling…
Politico’s Ginger Gibson (August 13, 2012):
The press started it off by sending an orange rolling up the aisle during takeoff, becoming increasingly loud as they got the piece of fruit closer to the front.
New York Times reporter Michael Barbaro, who fancies himself an avid bowler, was finally able to launch the citrus almost to the front of the Boeing 737-400 from the middle of the plane.
Marco Rubio took notice first, sending the fruit cruising back to the press with exquisite aim. Then Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi gave it a try.
Finally noticing the game that was unfolding, Romney decided to play along, climbing out of his window seat with a smile and giving the fruit a roll down the aisle to the cheers of the press.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only 2 days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- South Korean prosecutors have reportedly asked a judge to issue an arrest warrant for former President Park Geun-hye.
- "Orange Is The New Black" actor Samira Wiley and writer Lauren Morelli officially tied the knot in Palm Springs 🌴
- And Muslims in Birmingham told BuzzFeed News what it's like in the city that finds itself under the spotlight because of the murderous actions of London attacker Khalid Masood.