2. A transcript
(CNN) - After tailgating with former fraternity and cheer[ing] for his alma mater - the Miami University of Ohio, whose football season opened this weekend - GOP [vice] presidential candidate Paul Ryan engaged in some “orange diplomacy” with the press corps following him on the campaign trail.
Aboard his plane, reporters rolled an orange down he aisle towards his seat. Ryan rolled the orange back, with a message: “They were winning when I was there. – Paul”
5. Flashback: In mid-August, journalists did some non-interrogatory orange bowling…
Politico’s Ginger Gibson (August 13, 2012):
The press started it off by sending an orange rolling up the aisle during takeoff, becoming increasingly loud as they got the piece of fruit closer to the front.
New York Times reporter Michael Barbaro, who fancies himself an avid bowler, was finally able to launch the citrus almost to the front of the Boeing 737-400 from the middle of the plane.
Marco Rubio took notice first, sending the fruit cruising back to the press with exquisite aim. Then Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi gave it a try.
Finally noticing the game that was unfolding, Romney decided to play along, climbing out of his window seat with a smile and giving the fruit a roll down the aisle to the cheers of the press.
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯🗒
- Infowars founder Alex Jones was dealt a legal blow after a judge ruled in favor of his ex-wife in the custody battle of their three children.
- Beginning in 2018, prescription drugs will be free for anyone under the age of 25 in Ontario, Canada, says the government 💊🇨🇦
- President Trump can order himself a Coke with the simple push of a red button installed at his desk in the Oval Office 🔴