2. A transcript
(CNN) - After tailgating with former fraternity and cheer[ing] for his alma mater - the Miami University of Ohio, whose football season opened this weekend - GOP [vice] presidential candidate Paul Ryan engaged in some “orange diplomacy” with the press corps following him on the campaign trail.
Aboard his plane, reporters rolled an orange down he aisle towards his seat. Ryan rolled the orange back, with a message: “They were winning when I was there. – Paul”
5. Flashback: In mid-August, journalists did some non-interrogatory orange bowling…
Politico’s Ginger Gibson (August 13, 2012):
The press started it off by sending an orange rolling up the aisle during takeoff, becoming increasingly loud as they got the piece of fruit closer to the front.
New York Times reporter Michael Barbaro, who fancies himself an avid bowler, was finally able to launch the citrus almost to the front of the Boeing 737-400 from the middle of the plane.
Marco Rubio took notice first, sending the fruit cruising back to the press with exquisite aim. Then Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi gave it a try.
Finally noticing the game that was unfolding, Romney decided to play along, climbing out of his window seat with a smile and giving the fruit a roll down the aisle to the cheers of the press.
- Nope, President Donald Trump will not release his tax returns after an IRS audit, the White House says, despite pledging to do so.
- President Donald Trump has commented on yesterday's massive Women's Marches asking, "why didn't these people vote?"
- Kellyanne Conway says White House press sec. Sean Spicer didn't lie about crowd size at Trump's inauguration. He gave "alternative facts."
- Aziz Ansari has made history as the first South Asian to host 'SNL.' In his monologue, he called Trump "the Chris Brown of politics."