3. That was until Karp accidentally revealed that — if she’s on Tumblr — Sasha Obama wasn’t following the site’s terms of service until today.
Karp: Now that she’s 13, according to Tumblr’s terms of service, she’s officially old enough to use Tumblr.
Obama: She wasn’t old enough before that?
Karp: We can let this one slide.
Obama: I’m going have to talk to somebody about that.
4. Since Obama’s daughter was not 13 years old until Tuesday, assuming the president was serious, she was technically violating U.S. law. Tumblr’s T.O.S.:
You have to be at least 13 years old to use Tumblr. We’re serious: it’s a hard rule, based on U.S. federal and state legislation. “But I’m, like, 12.9 years old!” you plead. Nope, sorry. If you’re younger than 13, don’t use Tumblr. Ask your parents for a Playstation 4, or try books.
- A Cincinnati zoo is defending its decision to kill a gorilla after a boy fell into an exhibit.
- Former U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Edward Snowden performed a "public service" leaking surveillance secrets.
- Seventeen people died in a fire at a makeshift nursing home near Ukraine's capital Kiev on Sunday.