1. S7, a Russian airline, put out this ad to show the massive billboards it has hung around Moscow and Kiev, linking the two cities together with a peace sign.
The company knows its audience — many of the thousands of people who attended an anti-war rally in Moscow this month came from the urban middle class, who tend to be the country’s frequent fliers. A 2012 poll found that fewer than 7 percent of Russians traveled abroad at least once a year.
2. Muscovites have also been sharing pics of the billboards:
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.