3. The latest episode of his weekly news roundup show dealt with — what else, the crisis in Ukraine. Near the top of the hour, he ran this banner with a picture of Obama and the words: “Gray in the head.”
“You know, it seems to me that even U.S. President Barack Obama went gray over the last week. I’m probably not the only one who noticed.”
5. (Here’s a picture of Obama in Sept. 2013, by the way, already looking pretty gray.)
6. Kiselyov teased the West for pulling out of a planned G8 Summit in Sochi as a means of punishing Russia over its incursion into Ukraine. “If there’s nothing to talk about, why does Obama keep calling Putin?”
“Obama got grayer and grayer. I admit it can be a coincidence, but Obama’s interlocutor is not so simple.”
9. “Russia is the only country in the world that is really capable of turning the U.S. into radioactive ash.”
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines.
- 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture include: "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," and "Hidden Figures" 🎥 🎬
- White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer repeated claims that the inauguration was the most watched ever. But the numbers (still) don't make sense.
- Britain's Supreme Court has ruled that Prime Minister Theresa May needs to consult parliament before triggering Brexit.