1. If you search for “military” “women” on the photo wires, this is the first picture to come up, from a military base in Crimea, Ukraine.
2. There is also this picture, to illustrate a story about exemptions from military service for Orthodox Jews in Israel.
3. Then this pops up.
4. And this.
5. Also this.
All three ran with the caption: “Two women in military clothes and sunglasses army girls on gray background.”
6. There are some other pictures interspersed, like this one of a bombing in Syria.
7. And this, from South Africa, after the late Nelson Mandela’s funeral.
8. And then it goes back to this.
9. A search for “female” “soldiers” starts off more promisingly. This picture comes up first, of women training at Fort Campbell in Kentucky.
10. It’s followed by this. Caption: “Female legs of army soldier isolated on white. Military woman. Studio shot.”
11. And then this. Caption: “Attractive woman soldier with futuristic gun and scary ghost.”
12. That is followed by this picture, with the caption: “Young beautiful female soldier dressed in a camouflage with a gun in the location.”
13. Here is the “young beautiful female soldier dressed in a camouflage” pointing a gun.
14. That nine-photo series is followed by one centered on this. Because why not?
15. Who really needs a picture of actual women serving in the military. Who?
16. Good job, guys.
- BuzzFeed News has identified the 4th member of an ISIS cell that beheaded 27 hostages. His mother tells the family's story.
- Donald Trump has repeatedly panned the 2011 U.S. action in Libya. But that year, he blasted Obama for not targeting Qaddafi sooner.
- A Baltimore officer was found not guilty of charges stemming from Freddie Gray's death in police custody last year.