1. On Saturday, CNN journalist Ivan Watson was reporting from Istanbul’s iconic Taksim Square on the one-year anniversary of the Gezi Park protests, which sparked waves of demonstrations against the government and subsequent police crackdowns.
2. Watson, standing near a police line, described the city’s heavy security presence. Police ordered Gezi Park closed Saturday to prevent expected protests.
4. Police soon after released the CNN crew. Watson explained on Twitter that police did not believe his official Turkish press card was real.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Apple is expected to unveil a handful of updates to its Mac line today, including a new MacBook Pro📱 🍎