1. On Saturday, CNN journalist Ivan Watson was reporting from Istanbul’s iconic Taksim Square on the one-year anniversary of the Gezi Park protests, which sparked waves of demonstrations against the government and subsequent police crackdowns.
2. Watson, standing near a police line, described the city’s heavy security presence. Police ordered Gezi Park closed Saturday to prevent expected protests.
4. Police soon after released the CNN crew. Watson explained on Twitter that police did not believe his official Turkish press card was real.
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into the nation's capital for the Women's March on Washington 👭 💖