1. On Saturday, CNN journalist Ivan Watson was reporting from Istanbul’s iconic Taksim Square on the one-year anniversary of the Gezi Park protests, which sparked waves of demonstrations against the government and subsequent police crackdowns.
2. Watson, standing near a police line, described the city’s heavy security presence. Police ordered Gezi Park closed Saturday to prevent expected protests.
4. Police soon after released the CNN crew. Watson explained on Twitter that police did not believe his official Turkish press card was real.
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race, and Trump's unreleased taxes during the first US presidential debate 📢
- The Colombia government and FARC rebels have signed a historic peace deal, ending 52 years of armed conflict.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌