9. The singer Hamada Helal was so enthralled with SpongeBob that he even made this gem of a song in his honor. (It’s in Arabic, but the images transcend any language barrier.)
13. Not everyone is happy. This Salafi preacher called out SpongeBob for having a gender-bending persona. Liberal satirist Bassem Youssef cited the SpongeBob phenomenon as an example of the disturbing dearth of Egyptian children’s songs and books.
16. SpongeBob has also made his way around the Middle East. Here he is in Bahrain on a rainy day, with crossed out anti-government graffiti in the background.
Big H/T to SpongeBob on the Nile.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging accident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar incidents.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️