1. It’s a truth universally acknowledged — that pomegranates are the world’s most wonderful fruit.
2. People all over the world have loved this deliciously red and round beauty for ages.
Pomegranates are native to Iran and Iraq, and traditionally infuse cuisines from the Middle East to the South Caucasus — and lots of delicious places in between.
4. Yes, pomegranates can be a bit strenuous to open and quick to stain anything they touch.
6. But ultimately their allure is just too hard to resist.
9. Others swear by the style of slicing off the end —
10. No matter your de-seeding style, the end result is the same: You get to bask in the fruit’s mouth-watering glory.
13. And homemade yogurt parfait.
Or yogourt, depending on your time zone.
17. Really, they taste great with just about anything, from chicken to rice to beans.
18. Because what makes pomegranates so wonderful is that everyone loves them.
And if someone says they don’t like pomegranates, then they 1) probably haven’t tried the fruit or 2) are lying.