1. Updated: March 27, 10:30 A.M., ET
2. This is North Korea’s Kim Jong-un. He is the infamous ruler of one of the world’s most repressive states — and known for appearing in notoriously photoshopped photos like this. Now, he reportedly has ordered that all North Korean men have his haircut.
4. While some news reports have referred to the do as the “Dear Leader haircut,” this nickname refers to Jong-Un’s father, and his haircut is based on his grandfathers style, North Korea’s founder Kim Il Sung, according to Animal New York.
6. Here’s Kim Jong-un working the look while lounging with his wife.
In December, 2013, North Korean media reported that Jong-un ordered his uncle executed, accusing him of being a traitor. In January 24, he reportedly ordered the family of his uncle, including children, be executed, too.
8. Or worry about any of those perfectly-placed hairs getting in the food.
The government uses an array of abusive tactics — including murder, starvation, slavery, torture, and sexual violence — to terrorize “the population into submission,” according to a report by the United Nations Commission of Inquiry on Human Rights.
10. This haircut is pretty futuristic.
North Korea has banned the internet and all independent media.
12. Ladies love it!
Or at least they have to.
14. And even some celebrities just have to see it for themselves.
The former NBA star Dennis Rodman made several trips to North Korea and called Jong-un a friend. In March 2014, he announced he would no longer be traveling there, after his trips raised repeated controversy.
15. Kim Jong-un — and his haircut — have even inspired this impersonator in Hong Kong who takes photos with tourists.
16. So c’mon man, lose the silly hat and show us our favorite ‘do.
- We've compiled an extensive (but not exhaustive) list of lies, exaggerations, and bullshit from Trump's first 100 days in office 💯🗒
- United Airlines has settled with the man shown being violently dragged off a plane in a video that spurred widespread outrage.
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥