1. This is Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, the Egyptian general who oversaw the ouster of Mohammed Morsi in July 2013 and, after nearly a year as Egypt’s de facto leader, is expected to win this month’s presidential election. Now he’s even started campaigning.
4. And Lamees Hadidi, a presenter on Egypt’s CBC channel and a frequent target of satirist Bassem Youssef’s jokes for her anti-revolution stance. Hadidi was Mubarak’s spokesperson for his 2005 election, which, much like now, was won before voting began.
6. And we’re back.
20. Since Sisi first publicly shed his military attire for a civilian suit in April, the general has also been using his Facebook page and Instagram account to share images of him doing seemingly presidential things.
22. Here he is with European Union foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton.
24. And here is Sisi with members of April 6, a key part of the 2011 revolution that ousted Mubarak. This picture is from back in 2011 — before an Egyptian court banned April 6 last week.
27. Things in Egypt aren’t easy these days, with economic troubles and continuing political unrest. And there’s a lot of love for Sisi out there, as the mainly middle aged men interviewed in this campaign video will tell you.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of being in a sex tape, calling her "disgusting." He's appeared in a softcore porn.
- The hair vitamins promoted by the Kardashians make "largely inaccurate" nutrient claims, according to lab tests.
- In a newly released video deposition, Trump implied he planned to call Mexicans "rapists" when he announced his presidential run.