Wearing a bright green hoodie and escorted by family in a Cleveland police minivan, Gina DeJesus returned home today after being held captive in a basement for ten years. She was quickly whisked inside, but not before gesturing positively to the hoards of media and bystanders on hand to welcome her home. A powerful image.
4. Cleveland Police tweeted shortly after her arrival
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.