1. The high-priced call girl accused of killing a Google executive on his yacht by injecting him with heroin has plead not guilty to manslaughter and other drug-related charges in a California court on Wednesday.
2. Alix Tichelman, 26, is accused of shooting up Forrest Hayes last November, then fleeing the scene when it appeared he had overdosed. She is facing eight charges — including manslaughter, prostitution, destroying evidence, and heroin possession.
Alix Tichelman in Santa Cruz County Superior Court on Wednesday.
5. Police said they identified Tichelman in a video from the scene of Hayes’s death. She was arrested after being lured to a hotel by a supposed client willing to pay $1,500 for sex. Police said she had a loaded heroin needle on her when she was arrested.
6. Tichelman’s arrest has led investigators to reexamine her involvement in the case of the September 2013 heroin overdose death of Dean Rioppele, 51, in Milton, GA.
In a 911 call obtained by NBC Bay Area, Tichelman tells dispatchers that she thinks her “boyfriend” overdosed, then she hangs up. After calling her back, Tichelman tells the dispatcher that Riopelle overdosed on pain killers and that he was drinking a lot of alcohol. Tichelman was initially cleared in the investigation.
7. Tichelman’s next court date is set for October 20.
Tichelman’s parents and sisters leaving Santa Cruz County Court on Wednesday.
- After Donald Trump and the Republicans spectacularly failed to repeal Obamacare, Wall Street now realizes that massive tax cuts may not happen 😅 💸
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Sessions threatened to block money to so-called sanctuary cities that don't help deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- After stopping three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀