3. Earlier today, KABC in Tampa, FL reported that Taco Fusion said on their website they would remove the controversial lion meat tacos from its menu:
“Thank you all for the feedback regarding the lion meat promotion at Taco Fusion. Some of you were supportive, some of you were angry. We listened to everyone and decided to no longer carry lion,” the restaurant said on its website. “The lion meat is sold out and we do not plan to carry it again. Thank you all for your feedback.”
5. The statement from Taco Fusion that the restaurant was removing lion from the menu was not found on the company’s official website. Taco Fusion also deleted their Facebook page.
7. Despite earlier reports, however, Fox 13 Tampa Bay reports that Taco Fusion is ordering 50 more pounds of lion meat:
FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@BuzzFeedNews We just got off the phone with them. They actually are still carrying them, and they just ordered 50 more pounds.
9. BuzzFeed reached out to Taco Fusion for comment, but has yet to hear back.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪