3. Earlier today, KABC in Tampa, FL reported that Taco Fusion said on their website they would remove the controversial lion meat tacos from its menu:
“Thank you all for the feedback regarding the lion meat promotion at Taco Fusion. Some of you were supportive, some of you were angry. We listened to everyone and decided to no longer carry lion,” the restaurant said on its website. “The lion meat is sold out and we do not plan to carry it again. Thank you all for your feedback.”
5. The statement from Taco Fusion that the restaurant was removing lion from the menu was not found on the company’s official website. Taco Fusion also deleted their Facebook page.
7. Despite earlier reports, however, Fox 13 Tampa Bay reports that Taco Fusion is ordering 50 more pounds of lion meat:
FOX 13 Tampa Bay
@BuzzFeedNews We just got off the phone with them. They actually are still carrying them, and they just ordered 50 more pounds.
9. BuzzFeed reached out to Taco Fusion for comment, but has yet to hear back.
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱